Conditions for the Danish Senior Open Championship 2020
Here you can find the conditions needed regarding the Championship.
Conditions for participation
- The player can only represent his/hers home club.
- All players must hold amateur status and be in possession of a National Golf Federation or Golf Union Membership Card.
- At the closing date for registration, the player must have an EGA-handicap.
- Ladies and Gents can participate in the tournament from the calendar year they turn 50 (50+) ; 60 (60+) or 70 (70+)
- Maks. hcp. 15,0 for ladies
- Maks. hcp. 12,0 for gents. In case of over subscription lowest hcp. will count. If less players in one class that specified, we will add up other classes so the field will be 90 players in total
SEGAF is in the possesion of 21 wildcards for the tournament.
- The Championship shall consist of 54 holes stroke play with cut after 36 holes.
- The draw for playing partners will be published on this website and in Golfbox, together with a full list of entrants, immediately after all entries have been registered.
- From Thursday July 18th, you should call (DGU navn) , +45 00 00 00 00
- Cancellation later that 2 hours before starting time will be considered as truancy.
- Thursday we will start from hole B2 and hole C1.
- Starting order on Friday shall be determined by the scores on the first day, players with the lowest scores starting last.
- Saturday we will start from hole C1.
- The groups and starting times for the Saturday round shall be determined by the scores on the two first days, players with the lowest scores starting last.
Pace of play
- Each player is responsible for playing without undue delay.
- The pace of play condition will be available prior to play.
- Top 66 % and tie from each group will qualify for the final 3.round.
- In the event of a tie for the Championship there shall be a hole-by-hole play-off immediately after the final card has been returned to determine the winner.
- All other ties over 54 holes will be counted on 36-18-9-6-3-1.
- Caddie is allowed.
- Players must walk at all times during a stipulated round unless permitted to ride by the Tournament Committee.
- Penalty for Breach of Condition – Two strokes for each hole at which any breach occurred; maximum penalty per round: Four strokes.
- In the event of a breach between the play of two holes, the penalty applies to the next hole.
- Use of any unauthorised form of transportation must be discontinued immediately upon discovery that a breach has occurred.
- Otherwise, the player is disqualified
Drivers and balls
- The ball the player plays must be named on the current List of Conforming Golf Balls issued by the R & A.
- Penalty for Breach of Condition - Disqualification.
- The specimen condition published in the Rules of Golf is in effect for Driving Clubs.
- A player may obtain distance information by using a device that measures distance only.
- DISTANCE-MEASURING DEVICES In this competition, a player may obtain distance information by use of a distance-measuring device. If, during a stipulated round a player uses a distance-measuring device to gauge or measure other conditions that might affect his play (e.g. elevation changes, wind speed, etc.), the player is in breach of Rule 14-3.
- Local rules will be delivered prior to the start.
- Only soft spikes are permitted.
- Penalty for Breach of Condition - Disqualification cf. Decision 33-1/14.
Breach of conditions and Etiquette
- If a player is found to have breached Etiquette, the Championship Committee will take appropriate action which may include reporting the facts to the player's federation/national organisation.
- If the breach is considered to be serious, the player may be disqualified.
- The Gents will play from the yellow tee-markers.
- The Ladies will play from the red tee-markers.
- Pull-Trolleys will be available free of charge for all players.
- Electric Trolleys : Contact Simon's GC
- The Tournament Committee will be SEGAFs Executive Committee.
- The Committee reserves the right to use films, photographs, pictures and similar references to competitors in practice and play in the publicity arrangements prior to, during and after the Championship.
- The Committee reserves the right to arrange and /or alter starting times.
- The Committee reserves the right to alter the Regulations and Conditions of the competition.
- The decision of the Committee is final in all matters.
Tournament Director: xxx
Tournament Referee: yyyy
Member: Henrik Johansen
Member : Peter Fl. Adolph